Promotes a Healthy Sleep and Body.
Sleep is an important part of any person's life. It affects the physical and mental health of a person. Getting daily sleep is as important as eating a balanced diet. At present, our habits and lifestyle have been changed in such a way that people are not getting enough regular sleep.
Getting better sleep at night will benefit you the next morning. There are various factors that affect the sleep quality of a person. It includes your bedtime routine, mattress quality, etc. As mattress quality is one of the important factors, this is the reason why we recommend you to pick from the best sleeping mattress brands.
Through quality sleep, you can get benefits such as high productivity, better concentration, less risk of weight gain, better calorie regulation, lower risk of heart disease, prevention of depression, etc. Keep in mind it's not just about quantity, it's more about quality. The better quality and deep sleep you get, the better it is.
Negative Effects of Sleep Deprivation
As we have seen, getting a good night's sleep can boost your productivity and improve your lifestyle. However, when you don't get enough sleep, you have to deal with its negative aspects. Here are some negative effects of sleep deprivation or lack of sleep:
1. Health Problems
One of the major negative impacts of sleep deprivation or lack of sleep is health problems. Do you know around 90% of people with insomnia (a condition in which the person faces trouble falling or staying asleep) also have another health problem? The lack of sleep can put you at risk for health problems like heart attack, heart failure, heart disease, irregular heartbeat, stroke, and diabetes.
2. Lack of Productivity and Concentration
Sleep deprivation will also result in a lack of productivity and concentration. Due to lack of sleep, the next day you will have trouble focusing on your work and maintaining work productivity.
3. Ages your Skin
The lack of sleep also causes aging skin. When you don't get proper sleep at night, your skin gets sallow and eyes get puffy. You have also noticed that people who don't take enough sleep have dark circles around their eyes.
4. Memory Issues
When you are asleep, your brain builds connections that help to remember and process new information. And, when you don't get proper sleep, you do face memory issues and you become forgetful.
Bedtime Routine Habits & Your Sleep
Your bedtime routine has a great impact on your sleep quality. With improper bedtime routine, you can't get a deep & quality night's sleep. If you want to make your next day productive, you need to build better bedtime routine habits.
Depending on your age and your lifestyle, the ideal bedtime routine may differ. It may differ based on whether you are a teenager, adult, or senior adult. Here are some effective bedtime routine habits that can help you get better sleep:
1. Switch Off Your Electronic Devices
One of the best bedtime habits you need to build before an hour of sleeping is switching off all the electronic devices. It includes your smartphone, TV, tablet, laptop, game console, etc.
2. Meditate Before Sleeping
If you are facing trouble to sleep, meditation is advisable. Don't worry, you don't need to meditate for long. Meditating for around 10 or even 5 minutes can also help you get better sleep.
3. Eat Healthy Food Before Bed
Eating heavy food late night may lead to a lack of sleep. You need to eat healthy and light food before going to bed.
4. Create a Pre-Bedtime Playlist
Another effective bedtime routine habit is listening to music. Listening to music before sleeping can help to reduce stress and provide better sleep.
Reading is also a great bedtime routine habit. Many people follow this bedtime routine and they find it the best habit for relaxing.
6. Write Down Reminders for the Next Day
Many people get to the bed with the tasks they need to complete the next day. If you are one of those people, it is best to write down those tasks in the blank paper so that you don't forget them.
7. Drink Something Warm
Before going to bed, you can also drink a cup of tea or any other favorite beverage. When it comes to warm beverages, drinking chamomile tea, warm milk, or turmeric milk is a good idea.
8. Write Down Your Thoughts in a Journal
Creating a journal book or diary and writing down your thoughts can be good for your mental health. You don't need to write so many pages in a night, you just need to write down your thoughts and emotions throughout the day.
9. Taking a Shower or Bath
Taking a shower or bath one or two hours before going to bed is also a great bedtime routine. Taking a bath at night helps to relieve the stress and relax your mind.
Negative Effects of Bad Mattress on Your Sleep and Health:
Mattress selection is another important factor that affects sleep quality. You need to buy the best mattress for quality sleep. Here are some negative effects of picking the wrong mattress:
1. Back Pain
One of the main reasons why you should choose the best mattress is to avoid your back pain. Choosing the wrong mattress may lead to problems like back pain.
2. Risk of Obesity
Basically, if your mattress takes more than 30 minutes to fall asleep, then you should start looking for a good one. Sleeping on the wrong mattress will increase the risk of obesity.
Do you feel sleepy in the afternoons? Or even after taking 8-10 hours of sleep regularly? These are the signs that you are sleeping on the wrong mattress.
4. Heart Risks
When you don't get sufficient sleep due to the wrong mattress, the risk of heart problems rises. In the research by the European Heart Journal, it was found that people who have sleep problems are 48% more likely to develop heart problems.
Types of Mattresses
Here are different types of mattresses:
1. Memory Foam: If you are a side sleeper, this one is the best mattress type. With this type of mattress, you will get great support as well as comfort. When you press your body weight on a memory foam mattress, it takes your shape.
2. Back support: If you are having problems like back pain, this mattress type is for you. The back support mattress will help you relieve your back pain and will provide better sleep.
3. Orthopedic: Orthopedic is another mattress type that is designed to provide support for back and joints. This type of mattress is also a good solution for back pain. With an orthopedic memory foam mattress, you get the combination of firmness and support.
4. Inner springs: This mattress type consists of the use of internal support of metal springs. The support in an innerspring mattress can be measured based on the number of coils used.
5. Latex Foam: Latex foam will also provide pressure relief. Just like memory foam, it will also provide a bounce. However, if you want a sinking mattress, this is not for you. You can buy latex foam mattress online.
6. Foam Mattresses: A foam mattress is of different types – memory foam mattress, PU foam mattress, latex foam mattress, and HR foam mattress.
How To Choose A Mattress Via SleepID
In order to help people find their best mattress type, KingKoil has developed Sleep ID. Through SleepID software, you can find the perfect mattress type. Like the body, lifestyle, etc. factors differ from one person to another, the same goes for the mattress. There are so many factors that need to be considered before picking a mattress. Here are the steps to follow to choose a mattress via Sleep ID:
- First, go to the KingKoil website and head over to the SleepID option.
- There, click on "Know Your SleepID"
- After that, you will be asked information such as your gender, age, current mattress, your preference, your sleep position, sleep discomfort, your weight, your silhouette, etc.
- After providing these details, it will process and will suggest you the mattress.
Sleep ID is a tool that considers so many important factors. The software processes the information and suggests the best mattress, as per body and lifestyle.
About King Koil India
Finding the best mattress for sleeping in India? Don't worry, King Koil is here to help you. King Koil is where you will find more than 40 premium mattresses, it has more than 600 retail showrooms in India, and it is available in over 100 countries across the world. KingKoil has developed SleepID software, to help its customers find the right mattress, promptly. Hence, if you are finding the best mattress in India, King Koil is the best.
The quality of sleep is mainly affected due to two factors: the bedtime routine and mattress quality. If any of these factors are affecting your sleep quality, it is essential that you fix it. If your bedtime routine is not good, check out the bedtime routine habits we have mentioned here and start following them. And, if your mattress quality is affecting your sleep, find and buy the perfect bed mattress by knowing your SleepID.